Statistics Learning Centre aims to have a positive and measureable impact on teaching and learning statistics, in particular, and educating citizens, in general.
Through our activities and resources we at Statistics Learning Centre have had, and aim to continue to have, an impact in the following ways:
- Through our videos we have helped more than two million people to understand statistics better. Some of our videos can be seen on our YouTube Channel.
- Through our on-line resources we have helped hundreds teachers and tens of thousands of students in New Zealand to teach and learn statistics. Statistics is the second largest subject, after English, in the final year of secondary schooling in New Zealand. Our on-line materials can be accessed through our NZ Stats courses.
- Through the blog, Learn and Teach Statistics, we have helped and continue to help hundreds of thousands of people around the world to think again about ways of teaching and learning statistics.
- Through professional development sessions in schools and at symposia and conferences we have helped empower hundreds of teachers to teach statistics.
- Through our Dragonistic data cards, free supporting resources, posters and lesson plans, we have already helped hundreds of teachers and their students understand statistical concepts through hands-on activity. We aim to help many more. These resources are available on the Statistics Learning Centre shop.
- Through our games, starting with The Dragon Games, we aim to help families and children have fun together away from screens, with games that teach as well as being fun. Our next project has the working title of Cat Maths.
- Through our fundraiser scheme, we aim to help schools have more resources.
- Through our Statistics Learning Centre Newsletter mailing list we keep hundreds of people informed about the opportunities we offer.
- Through our continued efforts and existence we intend to provide socially responsible data and resources to educate citizens about important things such as conservation, medical screening, health choices and road safety.
Statistics Learning Centre is a social enterprise. This means profits are reinvested to allow us to develop additional materials and run activities to:
- Empower all teachers to teach statistics,
- Help students at all levels to learn statistics and mathematics,
- Give families fun and educational activities, and
- Educate citizens about important things.
 This estimate is based on 2,980,824 YouTube views, 29,786 YouTube subscribers, and 50,973 NZStats video plays. These values come from the video hosting sites we use and were last updated May 2017.
 These values come directly from our user account system. We have had 32,579 single-year student accounts and 3,524 single-year teacher accounts from 274 schools since 2014. These values were last updated May 2017.
 This estimate is based on 1,765 followers of the blog and 920,715 blog-post views, as reported by WordPress May 2017.
 This is a personal estimate based on the approximately 67 sessions we have run between 2012 and May 2017.
 This estimate is based on sales and giveaways of more than 730 data card packs and 350 classroom posters since we started producing them. These values were last updated May 2017.
 This value comes directly from our mailing list which had 729 subscribers, May 2017.