Statistics Learning Centre aims to have a positive and measureable impact on teaching, learning and educating citizens in mathematics and statistics.
Through our activities and resources we at Statistics Learning Centre have an impact in the following ways:
- Through our videos we have helped millions of people to understand statistics better. Some of our videos can be seen on our YouTube Channel.
- Through our on-line resources we have helped hundreds teachers and tens of thousands of students in New Zealand to teach and learn statistics. Statistics is the second largest subject, after English, in the final year of secondary schooling in New Zealand. Our on-line materials can be accessed through our NZ Stats courses.
- Through the blog, Learn and Teach Statistics, we have helped and continue to help hundreds of thousands of people around the world to think again about ways of teaching and learning mathematics and statistics.
- Through professional development sessions online, in schools and at symposia we have helped empower hundreds of teachers to teach statistics.
- Through our Dragonistic data cards, free supporting resources, posters and lesson plans, we have helped hundreds of teachers and their students understand statistical concepts through hands-on activity. We aim to help many more. These resources are available on the Statistics Learning Centre shop.
- Through our school visits and events we have helped hundreds of children think of themselves as capable mathematicians. We aim to make a wider impact by inspiring and supporting their teachers.
- Through our games, starting with The Dragon Games, we aim to help families and children have fun together away from screens, with games that teach as well as being fun. Our next project has the working title of Cat Maths.
- Through our Statistics Learning Centre Newsletter mailing list we keep hundreds of people informed about the opportunities we offer.
- Through our continued efforts and existence we intend to provide socially responsible data and resources to educate citizens about important things such as conservation, medical screening, health choices and road safety.
Statistics Learning Centre is a social enterprise. This means profits are reinvested to allow us to develop additional materials and run activities to:
- Empower all teachers to teach mathematics and statistics,
- Help students at all levels to learn mathematics and statistics,
- Provide families fun and educational activities, and
- Educate citizens about important things like statistics.
 This estimate is based on 4,082,917 YouTube views, 37,455 YouTube subscribers, and 63,560 NZStats video views. These values come from the video hosting sites we use and were last updated March 2018.
 These values come directly from our user account system. We have had 39,698 single-year student accounts and 4,117 single-year teacher accounts from 292 schools since 2014. These values were last updated March 2018.
 This estimate is based on 2,079 followers of the blog and 1,157,034 blog-post views, as reported by WordPress March 2018.
 This is a personal estimate based on the approximately 88 sessions we have run between 2012 and March 2018.
 This estimate is based on sales and giveaways of more than 1,160 data card packs and 430 classroom posters since we started producing them. These values were last updated March 2018.
 This estimate is based on our own records of more than 38 school visits since 2016. These values were last updated March 2018.
 This value comes directly from our mailing list which had 2,146 subscribers, March 2018.